oh merde! <blush> Patrick F. and ICANN board error

2000-01-04 19:40:03
Wiping red face.....

I carry a lot of ICANN data around in my head and I am generally pretty good at it. However my attention has been called to the fact that I screwed up on my association with Patrick as an ICANN board member. Following a few URL trails I see that he and Goeff Huston were IETF nominees but that ETSI and W3C placed their folk on the board and IETF would up with only Vint.

So apologies to Patrick for placing him on a hook where he does not belong.

Since Vint as the IETF board member wasn't involved with creating the protocol, I'd imagine that it would be a lot harder for a lawyer to come after him.... Still I would think that he might have an interest in how this is handled. ICANN may feel that it gets off scot free on this one but from my reading of some of the domain lists, a lot of people are beginning to ask what the hell ICANN is good for if it does nothing to police the screw ups from NSI's defective shared registry design.
The COOK Report on Internet            Index to seven years of the COOK Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)            Is ICANN an IBM e-business ?
cook(_at_)cookreport(_dot_)com                     See also Lessig's Code: and
Other  Laws of Cyberspace  http://cookreport.com/lessigbook.shtml