Re: IETF meeting wireless "standard"

2000-02-10 19:10:01
     I'm definitely interested.  So do we have someone with a company
     connection who can get the IETF a good bulk discount on 801.11 DS cards?
     Especially the 11 megabit variant...  (Is Adelaide going to have 11 mbps
     support?)

The current plan is to have 802.11 DS 11Mbps support. I am still
working on the final details with two vendors (who are also interested
in doing an IETF special deal on the cards). If I can get appropriate
access points we wlll also have 802.11 FH support but that is of a
lesser priority for me at this stage.

As a local host I would certainly like to see the IETF say "the
wireless standard is x" (for one single value of x) as trying to pull
this together is tough enough as it is without having to source two
different types of wireless cards (luckily for me GSM uses 900MHz :-)

Mark.