Re: IETF Adelaide and interim meetings for APPS WGs

2000-02-15 08:30:02
Graham Klyne wrote:

But I am still uncomfortable with it.  It implies that, somehow, any non-US
participant is somehow a second class citizen, who is permitted to attend
purely as a concession by the US elite whose organization this is.  Maybe
that also is true -- but I don't have to like it.  I very much prefer the
"pretense"

In other words, the pretense is self-fulfilling: by claiming (and striving) to
be global, the IETF avoids driving away non-US participants, which makes the
IETF more truly global.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |