Re: HTML forms

2000-03-30 20:50:03
On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:06:44 PST, "James P. Salsman" said:
audio conferencing.  If you wanted to provide for students
on several different platforms, you would have to provide
a microphone capture application for each of them.  Then,

Sounds like a straw man to me.

When was the last time you bought a microphone/audio card for
a system that didn't include at least basic software to do this
sort of thing?

And I'm the one who always complains that vendors don't ship
support for AIX (Macromedia Flash, RealAudio, and StarOffice being
at the top of my wish list this week).

Only a few mail user agents provide that capability.  Back

Well, the MIME spec came "out of the box" with audio MIME types.
Put the blame squarely on the MUA developers, the protocol supported
it - in fact, I believe one of the early MIME 'stress test' messages
included an audio clip, while RFC1341 was still at I-D status.

in late 1996 some language instructors on one of the distance
education lists (DEOS?) or newsgroups were claiming that
voice-email presents more trouble than it is worth, at least
for some students.

There are those who find VCR's challenging.  It isn't NTSC's or PAL's
fault...