Re: recommendation against publication of draft-cerpa-necp-02.txt

2000-04-08 14:30:03
Fair enough, but my primary goal was not to justify this particular technique,
but to address the issue of whether we should be preventing the publication of
particular techniques, and under what ground rules

As I see it, the issue is only one of where to have the debate - at
the RFC publication level or on IETF mailing lists.

The industry and their customers have already decided against you on
this one.

Industry people love to make such claims.  They're just marketing BS.
The Internet isn't in final form yet and I don't expect it to stabilize
for at least another decade.  There's still lots of time for people to
correct brain damage.

I'm wondering about the future of an IETF that consistently takes itself
out of play in this way.

IETF's job is to promote technical sanity, not to support unsound vendor
practices.

Keith