Re: Source address (offtopic)

2000-04-12 21:20:02
On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:21:18 +0200, Harald Tveit Alvestrand said:
The source address of a datagram was an architectural mistake, and should
never have been in the mandatory packet format.
OK, I'll bite - either I'm missing something, or it's 11 days past the
traditional time for such statements.  If the source address wasn't
in the mandatory packet, what would we use for the 4-tuple identifying
a connection?