Re: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

2000-04-25 12:50:02
        I've not backed your assertion. I've provided some data
        on the relative stability of the in-addr space. You've provided
        zero data on the efficacy of the forward delegations.

        Can you, with a straight face, claim the servers for the
        forward zones have a better reliability rate than the 92.55%
        that I have seen in the inverse tree?

actually, no.  I don't have hard data to back the assertion that the
reverse tree is less reliable than the forward tree... nor do I really
need to do that to make the point that DNS PTR lookup isn't reliable
enough to allow DNS to be used to lookup connection endpoint identifiers.

Keith