RFCs in print

2000-06-01 17:30:02
In light of ongoing discussion about the Internet standards process and the
RFC document series, I would like to mention the release of a series of ten
printed collections of RFCs*. Each volume incorporates current relevant
RFCs pertaining to a single topic, such as IPsec, BGP, LDAP, telnet, FTP,
host requirements, etc.

I am particularly interested in hearing about whether such collections are
helpful or not. And if not, what would be more helpful.

It is my belief that making these source documents available in print can
only help those who need to understand them, provides a more convenient
format for reference, helps novices avoid wasting time with obsolete
specifications, and adds value with indexes across groups of RFCs as well
as prefatory material that summarizes and puts the selected RFCs in
perspective.

*In the interest of full disclosure, I compiled most of these books; Morgan
Kaufmann is the publisher.

-pl

| Pete Loshin             http://www.loshin.com               |
| Internet-Standard.com   http://Internet-Standard.com        |