CAUCE and DMA

2000-06-16 09:20:04
A couple of people have pointed out in private email that I should
not have posted my understanding of CAUCE's relationship with DMA
without substantiation.

Personally I don't see how such things can ever be substantiated
anyway - it seems to be the nature of politics that you rarely
have verifiable information about anything.

However the information I have is approximately a year old.
And it is of course possible that the information I was told was wrong,
or that I misinterpreted it, or that the CAUCE folks have backed off
from supporting the DMA in the past year.

Naturally I hope I was wrong or misinformed about CAUCE - because
I would far rather believe that they're on the side of good.  But
I've seen too much dirty stuff in general to be that optimistic
about *any* organization.

In any case, I hope that net-knowledgable US citizens will *personally*
read this bill (make sure you read the latest amended version) and
*personally* let their congresscritters understand how they feel about
the bill itself and spam in general.

Even if CAUCE is well-intentioned, don't trust them to deliver the message
alone.

Keith