Re: IEPG Meeting - IP Addressing

2000-06-25 08:10:02
IPv4 is running out of space but IPv6 is too much overhead.  Is there something
in between that can be effective for the next 100 years or can we modify IPv6
into something that is suitable for the next 100 years.
It is interesting to note that the U.S. Mail is the only system that can use
the 9 digit zip codes and others like Fedex and UPS are content with 5 digit
zip codes.  Would like to hear comments/opinions.