Re: Is WAP mobile Internet??

2000-06-30 05:50:02
At 13.54 +0200 00-06-30, Lars-Erik Jonsson wrote:
I would like to hear your opinions about how WAP people often say that WAP is
"mobile Internet".

Well, Ericsson do in their ads :-) :-) (I say to a person at Ericsson).

From my point of view, you can (through a proxy service) access (some) Internet Services via WAP, but not Internet. Exactly because of the reasons you listed in your email.

Internet is end2end IP.

If you understand swedish, you can find one specification of "what should be part of an Internet connection" on

http://www.itkommissionen.se/obs/obs_spec.html

It specifies what is needed for calling something "Internet".

Nothing connected to WAP will pass those tests.

   paf