Reg MIB Augments

2000-08-04 01:40:03
Hi folks,
  I would like to know , how exactly augments clause works for a MIB.
   when i  augment  an existing mib with a new one, should a walk
issued  on the old mib traverse to the new mib ?? This makes sense if
the two tables are in the same node ie next in lexicographic order.But
if these two tables are apart ,should a walk traverse into the new mib?
In this case the OID's change and order is no more lexicographic.
      Can  we augment  a scalar table ie system table with another
scalar table??
Thanks,
Shaik