Re: Addresses and ports and taxes -- oh my!

2000-08-04 01:50:03
When household appliances begin becoming IP addressable,
I think we will see a move towards assigning an Internet
IP address per household (much like today's street address).
The household will perform NAT for all devices within
(one street address can house many people, not just one).

I think we'll see IP addressable toasters and washing machines just after we
all switch from automobiles to hovercars and from telephones to
Picturephones.  According to predictions being made by futurists for the
past few decades, all of these things are due to happen Real Soon Now.

The mere fact that something is technically possible doesn't mean that it
should be done.