Re: Heard at the IETF

2000-08-04 09:20:05

It would really really be cool if the Pub/Cafe is also on 802.11.

(Wait, that will means everyone will stay whole day at the pub then to
attend _some_ WG for their 802.11)

A couple of people mentioned to me that the availability of 802.11
connectivity (and presumably the wired connections in the meeting rooms
too) encouraged them to hang around listening at WG sessions they would,
in previous years, have departed from to do their email.  I think this is
a good thing.  (I suppose this would argue for having beer in the meeting
rooms too, though.)

We all, though, have to learn the essential modern survival skills of (1)
paying attention to what's going on even while working on
Internet-connected device, and (2) understanding that the person sitting
there doing their email really is listening to you even though it doesn't
look like it.

 - RL "Bob"