Re: PAT

2000-08-16 13:20:01

"Keith" == Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> writes:
    Keith> it's one of the potential bottlenecks.  certainly not the only
    Keith> one, probably not the largest.  folks still have to learn about
    Keith> the differences between IPv4 and IPv6, and applications using IPv6
    Keith> have to be deployed. those are significant bottlenecks.

  KAME is doing this at such a high rate, that I expect to be able to run
IPv6 only on my desktops at my two offices by the end of the year. I know
that Perry is pretty close if not already there on this one.
  Combined with a web proxy and/or 6to4 for external access and I'm set.

    Keith> note that 6to4 makes the cost of getting a good-sized chunk of
    Keith> IPv6 address space roughly equivalent to the cost of getting a
    Keith> single stable IPv4 address.

  But, where do I get that chunk of IPv6 address space?

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
        mailto:mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
mailto:mcr(_at_)solidum(_dot_)com