Re: getting IPv6 space without ARIN (Re: PAT )

2000-08-17 06:40:02
"David R. Conrad" wrote:
  b) in the situation where I am using IPv6 instead of RFC1597, then
        my address can't be topologically significant.

If you're using this in the context of private networks, then any set of
numbers would do.  Why not pick one at random?

er, no. In this case you should use IPv6 site-local addresses.

Please, please, nobody ever pick a prefix at random. Your prefix should *always*
come from your upstream provider, up to the level of Top Level Aggregator,
which comes from a registry.

  Brian