Re: Control by consent (Was Re: Any surprize at all?

2000-08-17 11:00:03
vint:

 There are several
scenarios that would lead to a .eu - an obvious one being the adoption of .eu
on the 3166-1 list by the ISO committee that maintains 3166.

I know that 3166 has very peculiar ideas about what deserver a country
code, but I have the feeling that such a scenario is not really
likely.

But leaving politics aside, I am concerned about the possibility of
lack of consensus about which are the root nameservers. This could lead to
HUGE problems, especially when some "smart people" will try to create
two different TLD with the same name.

ciao, .mau.