RE: getting IPv6 space without ARIN (Re: PAT )

2000-08-18 13:30:02

to be even more specific, a 6to4 prefix can only be used to
communicate
with other 6to4 sites unless/until you find a 6to4 relay
router to handle
your traffic between your site and the native IPv6 world.

Seems to me that it would all be so much simpler if you got
rid of native
prefixes altogether and just ran everything over 6to4...

PF

Maybe I missed your meaning but it sounds to me like you're advocating a
changeover to IPv6 WITHOUT extending the address space. Aren't we having
enough trouble convincing people to look at IPv6 seriously as it is???

On another note,
heck out www.6bone.com they have a nice "How to get your IPv6 address" page.