Re: Deployment vs the IPv6 community's ambivalence towards large providers

2000-08-22 20:10:01
I hope I will be forgiven for adding another message to this
long thread.

1. we have to discuss the practical problems of deploying IPv6 and especially
a bunch of corner cases or it won't work.

2. there are still a lot of "holes" in my opinion that need filling in any
credible deployment scenario - and we'll learn the most from trying to get
serious, operational IPv6 networks up and running.

3. the ietf general list is probably the wrong place for further extended
discusssion

vint (I'm an advocate of trying to get IPv6 into operational condition)
WorldCom
22001 Loudoun County Parkway
Building F2, Room 4115, ATTN: Vint Cerf
Ashburn, VA 20147