Re: Topic drift Re: An Internet Draft as reference material

2000-09-30 16:40:03
% > is repugnant and is plagarism, pure and simple, no matter
% > whether the author gets listed or not.  you didn't have permission,
% > it's plagarism, if not theft.
%
% That doesn't make sense to me.  (But I admit I'm far from a wizard
% on IETF procedures and rules.)
%
% Are you trying to tell me that somebody can publish a draft, and then
% "let it expire" just because they don't like the changes that other
% people suggest?  Does the author get veto power over improvements
% that a working group agrees to?

From my perspective, the answer to your first question is "yes".
And what WG?  Internet Drafts were and are generated by Individuals w/o
benefit of an associated WG.

--
--bill