Re: Will Language Wars Balkanize the Web?

2000-12-04 08:20:03
On Sun, 03 Dec 2000 13:17:45 EST, vint cerf <vcerf(_at_)MCI(_dot_)NET>  said:
to incorporate and refer to domain names. The IA4 alphabet includes
essentially
just the letters A-Z, numbers 0-9 and the "-" (dash). This is the limit of
what
is allowed in domain names today.

The sad part is, of course, that RFC1035, section 3.1 specifically says
that any octet value is legal.

But I guess we're stuck with the IA4 charset.... ;(

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst