Re: Congestion control

2000-12-14 19:40:03

I think this is a really, really, really bad idea. This is my first IETF.
I had read all the drafts of what interested me before going here. I
thought that was enough. Boy was I wrong. I am now also subscribed to the
mailiglists...

However, I have been to several of the other gatherings of the same people
(mostly RIPE) and I thought I was somewhat prepeared for what this woudl
be like. I wasn't. This was unlike anything I have seen so far. I have
learnt alot and I have really enjoyed following the discussions and
meeting the people.

This was my first IETF but hopefully not the last. I
have learnt some of how the IETF works. I will be following the
mailinglist discussions, and maybe I can contribute something. Maybe I
oneday in the future can contribute something at a meeting. I hope so.

I don't think that this "awakening" should be limited to people that have
been active on mailinglists. It's not the same thing, and it will "scare"
people off. I really hope that instead the logistical problems can be
overcome.

- kurtis -