Re: Congestion control

2000-12-15 19:50:03
At 12:24 PM 12/15/00 -0800, Fred Baker wrote:
I have asked the Secretariat to advise me, quantitatively, of the implications of making that leap. I can tell you up front that it has implications for either the meeting fee or the corporate sponsorship.

And that impact is precisely why I phrased my suggestion as a question.

On the other hand, we are growing, so that impact will be felt at some point, no matter what. The congestion problem hits us regularly, so it seems worth looking for some sort of basic change to eliminate it.

I do not believe that better "planning" is really feasible; too many variables the planners cannot predict or control. I also do not believe that restricted attendance or other draconian administrative practises are appropriate; they would dramatically alter the nature and dynamic of our communal get togethers.

More space is entirely practical, except for the open question of cost.

But since growth ensures we encounter the problem eventually, let's gain the upside from it sooner rather than later.

d/
=-=-=-=-=

Dave Crocker  <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464