Re: Congestion control

2000-12-15 09:20:04
I think we need to look to the future where
three thousand participants are going to offer up
their ideas and we need to be able to take advantage
of those resources without stuff "getting dropped"
simply because of the meeting space/format.

Perhaps.  But in a forum with three thousand participants, I
doubt that either space or bandwidth are the primary barriers
to producing a consensus around sound technical solutions.

In other words, even assuming we had the space/bandwidth to
accomodate them all, three thousand people is far too many for
a single group discussion.  We'd need to adopt drastically different
methods for running a working group and for making decisions.

I also suspect it's much easier for thirty people to come up with a
good technical solution, than for three thousand or even three hundred,
even if the clue density remains the same for each case.

Keith