Re: Congestion control

2000-12-18 10:00:04
At 11:25 AM 12/17/00 -0800, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
WG chair says "OK, the room is now over-full. Who are there people in the doorway or outside who intend to work actively on drafts or forming the charter for this group? I see seven hands up. Could fourteen people who are currently sitting or jammed up against a wall who do *not* already plan to work actively on drafts

This is among the set of reasonable procedures to follow when there is congestion. As with each technique suggested, there are benefits and there are problems.

However the premise to my suggestion is that we are growing and are going acquire larger venues eventually.

So let's acquire them a little sooner and avoid the pain of congestion and imperfections and inconveniences of all these congestion management techniques.

d/

ps. The plea for less active attendees to move works once. It does not cover late arrivals. Taking a Draconian attitude towards active participants who arrive late is an example of the imperfection of the management techique.

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464