Re: Congestion control

2000-12-17 12:40:02
WG chair says "OK, the room is now over-full. Who are there people in the doorway or outside who intend to work actively on drafts or forming the charter for this group? I see seven hands up. Could fourteen people who are currently sitting or jammed up against a wall who do *not* already plan to work actively on drafts or forming the charter for this group please be polite and leave? I will announce the mailing list address for this BOF on ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org if we get anywhere during this hour. Also, look for an announcement of a Bar BOF on the messages board later today. OK, about ten people have left. Thanks!"

This, of course, relies on the early sitters being polite and patient, but that has been known to happen at various times in IETF history.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium