Re: NATs *ARE* evil!

2000-12-16 19:30:03
Perry Metzger writes:

| Maybe because I hear from folks like you and others that you're
| ideologically opposed to deploying v6 instead of against it for
| technical reasons?

You have never heard this from me.

I have no doubt whatsoever that you have heard this from others
speaking about me.  This probably includes your own inner voices.

Of course, that's because they do not have the technical acumen or
architectural insight to play the ball instead of the man, as they
say in soccer countries.

IPv6 is architecturally flawed in precisely the same way as IPv4
is; it simply has 4x the number of binary digits in the address fields
and some minor cleanups which were important some years ago.   That
you do not understand that IPv6 does not distinguish between who
and where, and that this ultimately will explode in the routing system in
exactly the same way that IPv4 is starting to, reflects upon you, rather
than whatever people think my ideology might be.

        Sean.