Re: What is the IETF? -- A note of caution

2000-12-18 16:10:02
At 14:02 18/12/2000 +1030, Andrew Rutherford wrote:
At 09:49 -0500 15/12/00, John C Klensin wrote:

I don't think company names on badges are harmful, and they do
help us identify each other (otherwise, we could carry the
principle to the limits and leave the names off too, replacing
them with randomly-assigned numbers).

So what about replacing company names on badges with email addresses?

That might allow one to infer company affiliation if the wearer lists an address with a company component. Given most of us know each other via email address, and may wish to follow up a "hallway conversation" with email, it's possibly more functional.

Personally, I like having organizations on nametags.
It is quite often the way in which I find out that old friends have changed jobs.

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com
+47 41 44 29 94