Re: NATs *ARE* evil!

2000-12-18 21:10:02
On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:54:47 EST, "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd"
<dee3(_at_)torque(_dot_)pothole(_dot_)com>  said:
If DNSSEC were deployed, I see no reason why SAs could not be
bound to domain names.

I admit to not having read the DNSSEC RFCs.  I however do hope that they
are immune to the same sort of attacks against SSL and SSHv1 that are currently
getting a lot of publicity.

Anybody got a pointer to where in the RFC it discusses how the resolver on
my workstation initially verifies that it's not being man-in-the-middle'ed
from a spoof of our local nameserver?
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst