Re: 49th-IETF conf room planning

2000-12-18 21:40:03
I fervently hope not.  Las Vegas is the tobacco smoking capital of
the U.S. -- higher rates than anywhere else in the country, including
areas where they grow the stuff.  It is also very hard to find good
quality food (but is awash in cheap buffets).

Sorry, but I'd prefer Vegas vs. not being able to attend half of the
meetings I planned to  in San Diego simply because there was not enough
space. I was very dishardened by this, and hope the meeting planners are
able to plan for 3000+ attendees for future meetings.

for many people, having smoke anywhere near the meeting rooms
is as much of a barrier to participation as having the meeting
rooms full.

I'd far rather we raise the bar for participants (i.e. only admit
those who have done their homework) than make more room for
non-participants.

Keith