Re: 49th-IETF conf room planning

2000-12-13 18:30:02

"Rosen," == Rosen, Brian <Brian(_dot_)Rosen(_at_)marconi(_dot_)com>
writes:
    Rosen,> On this subject, may I suggest that we have outgrown hotel
    Rosen,> conference facilities.  The place where we have outgrown them is
    Rosen,> hallways -- hotel facilities simply do not have adequate hallways

  This, this isn't the first time this has occured. I'm kind of glad that
I couldn't go at the last minute :-)  [I was rewarded with 25cm of snow]

  Orlando was particularly bad last year, although Minneapolis was okay.
  Pittsburgh was not great, except during cookie time, and there was only
was critical congestion point, which could have been solved by putting
no cookies there.

  How are people finding it to get to and from the conference hotel?
  My impression is that the choice of hotel was geographically one of
the worse choices possible for in San Diego.

    Rosen,> At this particular meeting, we compounded the problem by putting
    Rosen,> food service in the MIDDLE of the hall.  We also, in virtually
    Rosen,> the same area put the registration area, causing close to illegal
    Rosen,> density of people.  This is just unacceptable.

  Ick.
  The requirement for several thousand hotel rooms in close proximity, 10
tracks of working group meetings, terminal room, etc. likely limits the
number of cities that we can go to. I notice we are going back to
Minneapolis, and I've been to DC both times (will they ever finish remodeling
that hotel?).  I didn't make LA the second time, so I don't know if it
occured in the same hotel or not. The first time (when we were 1400 or so,
I think) was perfect in LA.

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
        mailto:mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
mailto:mcr(_at_)solidum(_dot_)com