Re: guidance (re: social event politeness)

2000-12-13 18:10:04
On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 03:42:25PM -0800, Scott Brim wrote:
...  Second, the overcrowding at the social
event was such that it was clear there was a very good chance that if
you weren't at the front of a "line" you would not get what you wanted
ever.  Ever.  Not a situation we face very often.

Indeed I waited on line for 15 minutes and when I finally got to the
food table there was NOTHING (except some Chick Peas). I stood around
for a while and eventually wandered away.

For my second attempt, I was not so polite (and the line was a bit
amorphous), but I got food!

We shouldn't criticize people based on their behavior in a crowded and
poorly organized arrangement (the placement of the food by the theater
made determining who was on what line problematical).

                        -Jeff