Re: guidance (re: social event politeness)

2000-12-13 16:10:03
Sean Doran wrote:

  Is it appropriate to name & shame people who were cutting into
line yesterday during the social event, yet who did not admit to
and fix the error of their ways when it was pointed out that this
unfair behaviour is inappropriate?

I will admit that I cut once, basically by accident, because I saw what
looked like a table with nobody lined up at it--of course, the line was
on the other side.  I'm still not sure how I missed that--I think I was
just too hungry; when I saw food, I got tunnel vision and went straight
for it.  I apologize.

(Of course, we could discuss how the social was laid out so as to make it
almost impossible to have well-defined lines...not an excuse, but it was
part of the problem.)

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|