RE: 49th-IETF conf room planning

2000-12-13 17:00:02
On this subject, may I suggest that we have outgrown hotel conference
facilities.
The place where we have outgrown them is hallways -- hotel facilities simply
do not have adequate hallways to accommodate us.  Much of the value of the
meeting
is the impromptu "BOF"s that occur in the hallways and other open areas.

At this particular meeting, we compounded the problem by putting food
service
in the MIDDLE of the hall.  We also, in virtually the same area put the
registration area, causing close to illegal density of people.  This is just
unacceptable.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Lane Patterson [mailto:lane(_at_)laneandmimi(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 4:30 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: 49th-IETF conf room planning

This has likely been proposed previously, but I would like to
raise the topic of mapping adequate conf rooms to WGs and BOFs.
I have now attended 3 WGs that had to turn away attendees due
to extreme lack of space, and several others that had plenty of
extra unutilized space.

Would the IETF organizers consider requesting WG/BOF attendance
plans upon registration?  Are there other suggestions for
improvement in this process?

Respectfully,
-Lane

-
This message was passed through ietf+censored(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no, which
is a sublist of ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_) Not all messages are passed.
Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Harald Alvestrand.