RE: Relation email - person (re: Mail sent to midcom)

2001-02-14 04:30:03

I would consider such results the fault of the list maintainer and not a fault
in the email system.  Much like physical addresses used within the postal
system, anyone maintaining a list needs to provide a means to maintain the
validity of the data.  If the data is invalid it is a cost the person using the
data has to carry.  It doesn't mean that all the data is invalid, just the
means to keep it current was inadequate.  Most mailing lists for instance
employ means to maintain the integrity of the subscribtions, including regular
probes.  There are means available for other types of lists, a lot depending on
the usage and value.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.