Re: HTML better for small PDAs

2001-02-26 19:40:02
There is a use for XML or nroff versions of I-D's (but not RFC's) that
has not been mentioned much (maybe first in your mention of "ASCII memos
can't be reformatted").  It saves lots of work to exchange editorial
changes
as deltas to a mark up language version.

i agree. this certainly is of value to the folks who author I-Ds.

Perhaps in other words, allow XML in ftp.isi.edu:internet-drafts but
not in ftp.isi.edu:in-notes

i agree. i'm not asking that we publish RFCs in any new formats. i'm
suggesting that we experiment for 9 months in the I-D area.

/mtr