Re: HTML better for small PDAs

2001-02-26 17:10:02
There's more to this than just ID's/RFCs. Pretty damned near
everything has to be reformatted to fit on those itty-bitty screens,
and that just isn't going to happen.  Consumers will demand (and
get) readable displays. I really think we're better of fixing this
problem in hardware.

the hardware problem is the eyes and the hands. i use a pda because i can
put it in my hip pocket. that's just not going to happen with a screen that
half-size or full-size.

yes, most things have to be retrofitted, but that's okay. i don't seem to
have any problem with calendaring, contacts, todo lists, and so on.

the 8.5x11 format has many fine properties to recommend it, but it also
inadequate in some areas, and i don't think it's unreasonable that people
want an alternative solution in that case.

/mtr