Re: Curiosity

2001-03-08 22:30:02
On Thu, 08 Mar 2001 19:15:25 EST, Fred Baker said:
Why let silent majority? I think it's because they are interested more in
using the technology than developing it, and mostly want to know whether it
is actually going to be useful. If it is going well, they monitor and move
on. If it goes into the dumpster, they just move on. If it goes a little
awry, they will sometimes send individual messages to the list, and more
often take one or more of the principal protagonists aside, and say "wait a
second, what's going on here?"

As Fred Baker sums up my 12 years or so involvement with various IETF
much better than I ever could have. ;)

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst
                                Virginia Tech