Re: An I-D experiment (Re: HTML better for small PDAs)

2001-03-11 16:50:02
There have been several proposals recently and many over the years to
replace the current encoding rules for RFCs.  Check some of the recent
threads at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/threads.html

blah, blah, blah. i'm familiar with this thread, and the thread that pops up
every 6 months or so... but where is the actual "proposal". all i see is the
usual "wouldn't it be nice if" and never anything concrete. if someone
actually produces a proposal, then we can discuss it or nuke it.

perhaps a more useful mode of discussion would be to determine what criteria
should be used for the rfc publication process and whether incremental
improvements are possible, independent of encoding changes.

/mtr