rfc publication suggestions

2001-03-11 18:10:03
At 10:41 AM 3/12/2001, Marshall T. Rose wrote:
perhaps a more useful mode of discussion would be to determine what criteria
should be used for the rfc publication process and whether incremental
improvements are possible, independent of encoding changes.

egad, what a constructive suggestion.  worthy of starting a new thread.

I would like to see a small set of accepted "source" forms, with automated tools for converting them into a small set of presentation forms.

The current RFC publication process has some astonishing delays apparently due to the process including a conversion of the source text to nroff. Eliminating that step, or at least automating its equivalent, could only help.

d/

ps. I am strongly hopeful about long-term use of XML. My concerns are only about the stage of market development, and as I said, it is progressing nicely.

Dave Crocker   <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
Brandenburg InternetWorking   <http://www.brandenburg.com>
tel: +1.408.246.8253;   fax: +1.408.273.6464