Re: presentation-prep as safety hazard

2001-03-21 06:50:02
At 19:11 19/03/2001 -0800, RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:

On the plane last night, flying in to Minneapolis:

"We're now starting our descent, please return your tray tables and seat
backs to their upright and locked position, and turn off any electronic
equipment."

2 minutes later:

"People!  We really need you to turn those laptops off NOW ..."

note that having a PC with a 500 MHz clock means that there is an oscillator in there running at some hundreds of megahertz, attached to a nest of wires of uncertain shape.

this particular setup WILL transmit energy in the radio bands below 500 MHz.

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com
+47 41 44 29 94