Re: presentation-prep as safety hazard

2001-03-21 12:50:03
IEEE Spectrum, Sept. 1996 has a fairly comprehensive discussion of this
topic.

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/spectrum/sep96/features/air1.html

Accessible on-line to IEEE members only, I believe, but available in any
technical library.

Ken Hornstein wrote:

I expect we will see some lessening of the rules as the experience
and turnover of the airframes proceeds.  We already have the
"mobile use okay until pushback" which is a real change.

That's not universal; it's up the individual carrier.

(While I agree there is no hard evidence that computers affect plane
systems, when you're dealing with an airplane, isn't it better to be
safe than sorry?  They are only asking you to turn it off for a
relatively short amount of time).

--Ken

-
This message was passed through ietf+censored(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no, which
is a sublist of ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_) Not all messages are passed.
Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Harald Alvestrand.