Re: IETF Travel Woes (was Deja Vu)

2001-03-28 15:00:02
I agree....gja

I ask for a bed, which is clean and a shower with hot water. The room needs
to be rather close to a bar. (for working purposes of course). In all other
circumstances, I carry a Leatherman, thus quick repairs and modifications
are not too far fetched. (ie: shower heads that are restricted with low
pressure flow restriction valves) ((upgrading from 10BaseT to gigE so to
speak :-D ))

Regards-
Jasen Strutt

----- Original Message -----
From: "grenville armitage" <gja(_at_)ureach(_dot_)com>
To: "Lyndon Nerenberg" <lyndon(_at_)MESSAGINGDIRECT(_dot_)COM>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: IETF Travel Woes (was Deja Vu)

Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
[..]
But hopefully IETF attendies are of the mindset that can forgo the
ensuite hotel room for B&B accomodation or the like.

In my experience IETF attendees care little about the room
itself, only that it is within short(ish) walking distance
of the meetings rooms, hallways, and bars wherein which
their work is getting done. Far-flung-yet-cheap accomodation
is false economy for those there to work.

cheers,
gja