Re: bandwidth (and other support) required for multicast

2001-03-29 16:10:03
Just out of curiosity: Why aren't we using something like a RealAudio
stream? This seems to work well for everything from radio stations to
ICANN meetings. I know it only works ONE way, but I also know that
"questions from the multicast audience" are rarely heard anyway.

The thing about Real (and I guess the Windows Media Player) is that it is
widely available and used, while the multicast tools seem tied to
high-end workstations. Maybe that's just my impression?

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal