Re: bandwidth (and other support) required for multicast

2001-03-29 18:20:02
So, meanwhile, you would rather we NOT use widely available tools
that allow "remote viewing" just because:

no, I'm just saying that let's not take two steps backward in the
name of making one step forward.  the formats that we're currently
using appear to run on more platforms (using a variety of players)
than realaudio's proprietary formats.

it might be that we need to support unicast playing, or some kind
of multicast tunneling, in addition to native multicast.   but that's
not by itself a reason to give up on the use of open standards.

Keith