Re: bandwidth (and other support) required for multicast

2001-03-30 09:40:04
"ln" == Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon(_at_)messagingdirect(_dot_)com> writes:
Yes (for a larger value of "all" than RealPlayer
supports). vic/vat/rat are portable to many UNIX variants, and also
run under Windows. I think that MacOS is the only orphan in this
scenario, but ISTR there are protocol proxies available that will
gateway to something MacOS can handle (assuming they can't directly
view H.261 multicast with some other tools).

Recent QuickTime versions can receive IETF multicasts just fine.
I don't know whether they provide RTCP feedback though.
--
Simon.
Disclaimer: I don't use MacOS, but most of my colleagues here do.