Re: IPv9 ??

2001-04-19 09:10:02
John Stracke wrote:

"James P. Salsman" wrote:

For that matter, is anyboy using 'ST Datagram', or is v5 also
recoverable for re-use?

I could find no further mention of the protocol.

It was implemented.  I remember, back around 1994, when I was working
on videoconferencing, one of our government (?) customers wanted to
know if we could make our A/V streams run over ST-II.  The
implementation they wanted us to work with had been written under
[D]ARPA contract, and worked with TLI, not sockets.  I don't know
whether there were ever any other implementations, or how widely it got
deployed, or whether it's still deployed.

ST-II was used reasonably widely on DARTnet, the early (T1-based) DARPA
test network. There are probably remnants of ST-II code in my nevot
audio tool, for example.

--
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs