Re: filtering of mailing lists and NATs

2001-05-21 22:30:03
Keith Moore wrote:

however, I have seen a couple of occasions where I believe that
a 'moderator' acted inappropriately in filtering messages that
came from non-subscribers but were arguably on-topic for the lists.

So the non-subscriber subscribed, and their posts went through okay,
right?  (If not, and the moderator was in fact filtering all posts
to the mailing list in question, then this example is a red-herring.)

Gas tanks explode - we ban cars?
Cigarette butts cause fires - we ban cigarettes?
Moderators go loopy sometimes - we ban subscribe-before-post
mailing lists?

You got me there, guv! I concede.

cheers,
gja