Re: filtering of mailing lists and NATs

2001-05-22 09:40:05

Christian> I  would   much  rather  receive  and   delete  another  annoying
Christian> proposition to get rich quick or see lurid pictures than tolerate
Christian> any form of censorship.

As has been pointed out, the non-member messages can be moderated.  It takes
about one  second to look  at a message  and tell whether it  is unsolicited
commercial or  not.  So the downside  is that the non-member  message may be
delayed for  a bit  until the moderator  gets to  it.  I wouldn't  call that
censorship.  (I  think one  has to  be very privileged  indeed to  confuse a
small inconvenience with censorship.)

Unless, of  course, you think that  people have a RIGHT  to send unsolicited
commercial email to IETF mailing lists.