Re: filtering of mailing lists and NATs

2001-05-23 00:00:03
In die Tue, 22 May 2001 20:49:51 -0400
Eric Rosen <erosen(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> scripsit:

I do this  for the mailing list of  the MPLS working group, so  I'm aware of
what a nuisance it is.  But as far as mailing list management goes, it's not
nearly as big a nuisance as trying to figure out which of the error messages
to owner-mpls  are bogus  and which  are real.  (The  mailing list  has 3000
members and each message to it results in 100 error messages.)

mailman seems to have an automated way to put subscribers whose email
bounces out of the list, but I must confess I prefer to look at the
errors and decide case per case. Luckily, my lists have at most 400 users.

ciao, .mau.